I am usually not a fan of completing audits.
Keeping records of minutiae has never been my strength.
Even though I have by no means kept a perfect record of what I have been up to over the past couple of weeks, the insights have been powerful.
They have certainly helped me get out of the weeds so I can become clearer about ways – to quote today's interview guest – multiply my impact.
Richard Medcalf of Xquadrant specialises in helping successful people do just that.
He offers a number of terrific ideas including how to:
- Harness your curiosity to increase your influence
- Lead strategically when there is already too much to do
- Use a concept called prisons and fortresses to make sure you get to the things that really matter
We hope you enjoy this half-hour interview and the free resources he has for you at https://xquadrant.com/clarityfirst/ and check out his new podcast ‘Impact Multiplier CEO' wherever you normally listen to them.
Multiplying your impact
To view a transcript of this discussion, please >> click here >>
PRESENTED BY DAVINA STANLEY
I love what I do.
I help senior leaders and their teams prepare high-quality papers and presentations in a fraction of the time.
This involves 'nailing' the message that will quickly engage decision makers in the required outcome.
I leverage 25+ years' experience including
- learning structured thinking techniques at McKinsey in Hong Kong in the mid 1990s before coaching and training their teams globally as a freelancer for a further 15 years
- being approved to teach the Pyramid Principle by Barbara Minto in 2009
- helping CEOs, C-suite leaders and their reports deeply understand their stakeholder needs and communicate accordingly
- seeing leaders cut the number of times they review major papers by ~30% and teams cut the amount of time they take to prepare major papers by ~20%*
- watching senior meetings focus on substantive discussions and better decisions rather than trying to clarify the issue
My approach helps anyone who needs to engage senior leaders and Boards.
Recent clients include 7Eleven, KPMG, Mercer, Meta, Woolworths.
Learn more at www.clarityfirstprogram.com
(*) Numbers are based on 2023 client benchmarking results.