Have you ever wondered how senior people hit the ground running in a new role?
I recently spoke with Cerise Uden about her strategies for doing that on the Friday before she started a new senior program manager role.
At the simplest level, we talked about preparation.
It got really interesting when we got into the detail, though.
Cerise shared her simple yet specific approach for quickly engaging and delivering for senior decison makers. We discussed how to
- Work out who to really get in front of early on (and when to do it)
- Fill any knowledge gaps you might have, particularly if the role covers new areas such as AI
- Nail down precisely what you need to deliver and to whom
You’ll find the episode on your favourite player and on our website here.
I hope that helps. More next week.
Naturally, I want my two new books to be as...
My husband and I were just talking about the new...
Do you wonder what to write those boxes in the...
I write this to you having just wrapped up a...
Do you ever wonder if your papers and...
When people learn to prepare papers and...
PRESENTED BY DAVINA STANLEY
I love what I do.
I help senior leaders and their teams prepare high-quality papers and presentations in a fraction of the time.
This involves 'nailing' the message that will quickly engage decision makers in the required outcome.
I leverage 25+ years' experience including
- learning structured thinking techniques at McKinsey in Hong Kong in the mid 1990s before coaching and training their teams globally as a freelancer for a further 15 years
- being approved to teach the Pyramid Principle by Barbara Minto in 2009
- helping CEOs, C-suite leaders and their reports deeply understand their stakeholder needs and communicate accordingly
- seeing leaders cut the number of times they review major papers by ~30% and teams cut the amount of time they take to prepare major papers by ~20%*
- watching senior meetings focus on substantive discussions and better decisions rather than trying to clarify the issue
My approach helps anyone who needs to engage senior leaders and Boards.
Recent clients include 7Eleven, KPMG, Mercer, Meta, Woolworths.
Learn more at www.clarityfirstprogram.com
(*) Numbers are based on 2023 client benchmarking results.