Intermediate Workshop –
Mastering Deductive Storylines
Course Overview –
Typically executives find deductive storylines to be the most challenging to prepare.
They rely on all of the structured communication skills coming together to form powerful recommendations.
Davina extends your ability to use these powerful structures.
During this interactive workshop you will…
- Quickly refresh the principles that underpin deductive storylines
- Explore our four favourite deductive patterns as well as some variations
- Practice unscrambling a deductive storyline
- Review and repair a deductive storyline
- Ask and answer questions throughout
What others say about Davina's workshops –
The approach you guided us through is excellent.
I'm finding the more I lean into it, the more natural it becomes to frame meaningful content … it's like a ‘magic pattern'.
Nathan, Consultant, Queensland Government Department
I did your course last year and found it extremely useful and continue to use the So What framework – I find it's a bullet-proof method for communicating anything!
I've since left and am now at a new company. We are in a significant growth phase and as such, there are a lot of leads in the business making change and need to communicate this to the Execs and our Board.
Execs have noticed a difference in how I communicate ideas – that they are clear, succinct and actionable, thanks to you!
Can you please give me a call so I can give you some context and arrange a call with my COO to teach our people?
Bianca, Senior Product Manager, Technology Company
Your facilitator –
I love what I do.
I have had the pleasure of helping smart people all over the world to clarify and communicate complex ideas for the past 25+ years.
I first learned the approach when working at McKinsey in Hong Kong in the mid 1990s. Since then I have had the pleasure of having Barbara Minto approve my Pyramid Principle training in 2008.
The structured approach that I teach, the So What Strategy, helps people from almost every discipline.
It offers a universal thinking process that enables you to articulate the breakthrough lurking beneath the surface of your communication.
To have previously learned the So What Strategy or the Minto Pyramid Principle. We ask you to complete a short assessment before registering to assess your level of knowledge.
Just in case you have not yet learned these techniques, consider exploring one of these options:
- The So What Strategy, our short book introducing these ideas. Learn more here.
- Introductory Workshop – Thinking Skills to help you communicate complex ideas. A 2-hour workshop for those interested in exploring our approach. Learn more here.
- Clarity First Express, which offers lifetime access to 11 short modules covering the core concepts alongside exercises, tools and templates. Learn more here.
- The holistic Clarity First Program, which goes further than either of these options by offering a deep set of modules accompanied by small group coaching. Learn more here.
Pre-work – Watch a 10 minute video to recap the concepts
Workshop – May 13 at 8am (Sydney time, AEST)
- an interactive two hours for a maximum of 30 participants
- tools and templates to help you use the ideas
- PDF notes
Recording – available to anyone who missed the session (for two weeks after the workshop)
USD129.00 / seat