I am excited to announce that I have begun a podcast.
Cutting Through interviews experts who have done just that.
They have cut through with stakeholders who do not share their expertise to achieve material outcomes.
This could mean …
- engaging a multi-disciplinary group such as a leadership team or a Board in a risk management, technology, human resources or another kind of issue
- motivating your team or perhaps your peers about a major change to the way they need to work, or
- communicating to deliver maximum value in another professional setting.
Each of these situations offers its unique set of challenges and an opportunity to learn lessons to apply to our own communication.
Episode 1 with Anthony Wilson of ABM Risk Management offers suggestions for engaging senior leaders in thinking about risk management as change management.
It's a thoroughly enjoyable conversation. Anthony shares decades of wisdom as a senior leader and advisor to some of Australia's largest organisations.
You can find Cutting Through on your favourite podcast player or here on my website.
I look forward to bringing this and more to you over the coming months.
I hope you enjoy the episodes as much as I am.
PRESENTED BY DAVINA STANLEY
I love what I do.
I help senior leaders and their teams prepare high-quality papers and presentations in a fraction of the time.
This involves 'nailing' the message that will quickly engage decision makers in the required outcome.
I leverage 25+ years' experience including
- learning structured thinking techniques at McKinsey in Hong Kong in the mid 1990s before coaching and training their teams globally as a freelancer for a further 15 years
- being approved to teach the Pyramid Principle by Barbara Minto in 2009
- helping CEOs, C-suite leaders and their reports deeply understand their stakeholder needs and communicate accordingly
- seeing leaders cut the number of times they review major papers by ~30% and teams cut the amount of time they take to prepare major papers by ~20%*
- watching senior meetings focus on substantive discussions and better decisions rather than trying to clarify the issue
My approach helps anyone who needs to engage senior leaders and Boards.
Recent clients include 7Eleven, KPMG, Mercer, Meta, Woolworths.
Learn more at www.clarityfirstprogram.com
(*) Numbers are based on 2023 client benchmarking results.