Teach your team
to clarify and convey complex ideas
Everything you need to run a 3-hour structured communication workshop
Upskill your team to prepare papers and presentations that you don't need to rewrite
Few people enjoy preparing papers and presentations for senior forums.
Papers frequently come together in a mad scramble, often out of hours as everyone wades through a sea of tracked changes. Senior leaders and company secretaries too often pull all-nighters to finish on time.
What if your team could prepare high-quality papers and presentations (mostly!) during work hours?
Even better, you could elevate their skills yourself.
You are, after all, best positioned to provide follow-on real-time coaching and support after the initial skill-building workshop.
The Clarity First Workshop Kit sets you up to run a simple and effective 3-hour workshop and to coach your team afterwards. It includes:
- A PowerPoint presentation with exercises, examples and instructions
- A one-page run-sheet to help you keep time
- A short video series explaining how to handle each step of the workshop
- FAQs to help you answer participants' questions
- 6 months' access to the Clarity Hub so you can attend MasterClasses and receive support
The Workshop Kit will help you ...
» Engage your team before and during the workshop
» Teach your team to position key communication within the right strategic context
» Iterate quickly around the key messages early to avoid significant rework of convoluted communication
» Leverage 10 narrative patterns to jump-start your thinking and avoid working bottom-up
» Take advantage of my exercises, tools and templates during and after the workshop
I love what I do.
I help senior leaders and their teams prepare high-quality papers and presentations in a fraction of the time.
This involves ‘nailing' the message that will quickly engage decision makers in the required outcome.
I leverage 25+ years' experience including
- learning structured thinking techniques at McKinsey in Hong Kong in the mid 1990s before coaching and training their teams globally as a freelancer for a further 15 years
- being approved to teach the Pyramid Principle by Barbara Minto in 2009
- helping CEOs, C-suite leaders and their reports deeply understand their stakeholder needs and communicate accordingly
- seeing leaders cut the number of times they review major papers by ~30% and teams cut the amount of time they take to prepare major papers by up to ~40%*
- watching senior meetings focus on substantive discussions and better decisions rather than trying to clarify the issue
My approach helps anyone who needs to engage senior leaders and Boards.
Recent clients include 7Eleven, KPMG, Mercer, Meta, Woolworths.
(*) Numbers are based on 2023 client benchmarking results after ~8 weeks of working with me in a group.
KEEP IN TOUCH