A tip or a trick would not have fixed this
Twice monthly at Clarity First hold live working sessions.
Participants join these to collaborate on real, live communication challenges.
This week's session was a ‘monster' which required advanced structuring and synthesis techniques to solve.
The challenges we faced reminded me why a ‘tip or a trick' won't help when faced with complex communication challenges. ‘Cracking' this one required at least five key ingredients:
- Familiarity with the business context and the project in question. We clarified this by brainstorming and asking questions
- A solid understanding of the stakeholder environment. We unpacked this using our 5 key ‘understand your audience' questions
- An agreed way to capture and structure our ideas in the shortest possible time, which focused around our storyline structures
- A powerful ability to synthesise a message out of complexity, which relied on our top down and bottom up thinking strategies
- Advanced understanding of how to ‘flip' storyline patterns and test them against first principles. We used these to draft an accurate and persuasive change request.
Do you also find it challenging to ‘wrestle' complex ideas into clear, high-quality communication?
If so, it's time to join Clarity First.
Doors open on 11 September and will close at 9pm AEST on 21 September.
Learn more about the program here or go straight here to register for your desired pathway.
- Intensive – limited to 20 extra places (10 already taken)
- Classic – learn at your own pace, unlimited places
- Foundation – get extra 1-1 help from me, 2 places only
I hope to see you in the program.
Clarity First Registrations Now Open!
In Clarity First we introduce structured communication techniques to help you engage decision makers.
We go beyond platitudes like “keep it short” and “give me less detail” to teach you how to turn your information into high-quality insights.
Here are some resources to help you learn more about the program:
We offer three learning pathways to choose from
Intensive – for those who want structure and focus so they can move through the material and build their skills in 3 months. Includes 6 interactive workshops + online pre-work + copy of The So What Strategy + access to small group coaching. 30 places max. 12 already taken.
Classic – for those who want to learn in their own time and enjoy small-group coaching. Join on monthly or yearly subscriptions.
Foundation – for those who want more. Enjoy everything in the Intensive as well as the Classic pathways + 4 x speed coaching sessions + 6 x email feedback on your own work. 2 places only available.
>> Download the latest brochure here.
Get your ‘Pitch your boss' kit here
If you want your manager to invest in your development, you need to do your homework before you have the conversation.
Your manager will want to know exactly why this is the right program for you and how it will help the team and the organisation.
We have provided a brochure, a draft script and some steps to follow to help you prepare for your conversation.
>> Download the latest ‘kit' here.
See what others say here
A number of program members have shared their experience of Clarity First – warts and all.
Click here to see what they say.
PRESENTED BY DAVINA STANLEY
I love what I do.
I help senior leaders and their teams prepare high-quality papers and presentations in a fraction of the time.
This involves 'nailing' the message that will quickly engage decision makers in the required outcome.
I leverage 25+ years' experience including
- learning structured thinking techniques at McKinsey in Hong Kong in the mid 1990s before coaching and training their teams globally as a freelancer for a further 15 years
- being approved to teach the Pyramid Principle by Barbara Minto in 2009
- helping CEOs, C-suite leaders and their reports deeply understand their stakeholder needs and communicate accordingly
- seeing leaders cut the number of times they review major papers by ~30% and teams cut the amount of time they take to prepare major papers by ~20%*
- watching senior meetings focus on substantive discussions and better decisions rather than trying to clarify the issue
My approach helps anyone who needs to engage senior leaders and Boards.
Recent clients include 7Eleven, KPMG, Mercer, Meta, Woolworths.
Learn more at www.clarityfirstprogram.com
(*) Numbers are based on 2023 client benchmarking results.