Want to cut the number of times your manager...
How to be less busy and more successful
I thought this was a good way to start the year as we turn our eyes back to work after the new year break.
The last couple of years have been pretty crazy. If nothing else we have all needed to step in to cover colleagues while they take their turn with covid. Add to that the substantial adjustments required of us all to optimise new ways of working and it's been ‘busy'.
So, how to get above all the extra ‘busyness'?
Richard Medcalf is a personal friend, a leadership coach to some of the top CEOs on the planet and someone who has helped me deliver more while being less busy.
He's running a webinar called “Making Time For Strategy: How to Be Less Busy and More Successful,” based on his new book, Making Time For Strategy, on Wednesday, February 8.
>> You can register for the webinar here to be there live or catch the recording.
In this 60-minute session, you'll:
- Clarify what your most strategic activities really are.
- Understand why your previous attempts at freeing yourself up haven't worked, and what to do instead.
- Identify which of the four main strategies will work best for you right now.
- Leave with practical ideas to implement straight away.
This will be an insightful hour for anyone wanting to be a more strategic leader. Register here.
I hope that helps. More next week.
PS – Even if you can’t attend, do register, as you'll be able to access the recording. Sydneysiders … this will be 3am for you, so most likely you'll want the recording.
Want a 25+% cut in the time it takes to prepare major papers?
How to cut meetings by communicating better
How often has your communication led to a...
Why too much background is a problem
A Board Director recently described his problem...
Making time for strategy
Do you struggle to make time for strategic...
Making time work FOR us not AGAINST us
Do you always have too much to do?It's not...
Why thinking and writing don't mix
I was reminded this week of why thinking and...
PRESENTED BY DAVINA STANLEY
I love what I do.
I help senior leaders and their teams prepare high-quality papers and presentations in a fraction of the time.
This involves 'nailing' the message that will quickly engage decision makers in the required outcome.
I leverage 25+ years' experience including
- learning structured thinking techniques at McKinsey in Hong Kong in the mid 1990s before coaching and training their teams globally as a freelancer for a further 15 years
- being approved to teach the Pyramid Principle by Barbara Minto in 2009
- helping CEOs, C-suite leaders and their reports deeply understand their stakeholder needs and communicate accordingly
- seeing leaders cut the number of times they review major papers by ~30% and teams cut the amount of time they take to prepare major papers by ~20%*
- watching senior meetings focus on substantive discussions and better decisions rather than trying to clarify the issue
My approach helps anyone who needs to engage senior leaders and Boards.
Recent clients include 7Eleven, KPMG, Mercer, Meta, Woolworths.
Learn more at www.clarityfirstprogram.com
(*) Numbers are based on 2023 client benchmarking results.